Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Its Beautiful!

Now that Sammie is talking more (like non-stop more) its getting to be a lot of fun to do things and ride in the car.  Her latest thing while driving is to point out things like trees and flowers, state what they are and follow it with 'that's beautiful' or 'so pretty'!  LOVE IT!  I only remember pointing out flowers a few times to her and stating how pretty they were.  Its amazing what kids pick up on their own.


Yesterday we went to the zoo after she got out of 'school' (Mother's Day Out).  This was our third time to go this spring and it seems that every time is just as exciting as the last.   The big feature yesterday was the new baby giraffes that just came to Tyler.  We caught them when all 4 giraffes were inside resting in the A/C and eating. They were so cute! She's still been talking about them today.  


Our other favorites at the zoo are the elephants, white tigers and ducks.  Last time we went the male tiger (which is HUGE) was pacing and jumping up on the glass about 3 feet away from where we stand.  I think I flinched every time he jumped.  The ducks are always a hit and Sam loves to count them like she does her rubber duckies at bathtime.  


One thing I love about my hubby is his awareness of females struggle to feel beautiful and pretty.  Even now while Sam is not quite 2 he's reminding her that she's beautiful and having her tell him "I'm beautiful" when she gives him good night hugs and kisses.  My love language is not words of affirmation and he knows this.  Him telling me I'm beautiful doesn't hit me in the same way as it does others who need verbal affirmation but he continues to tell me anyhow.  


Thanks babe for the reminder that we are beautiful because we are exactly as our Creator made us to be.
~Kelli

1 comment: