Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Prayers

Apparently I'm not great at this whole blogging thing b/c its been a long time since I've taken the time to write but tonight was too sweet not to share...

We've developed a routine at bedtime with Sammie saying goodnight to one parent (hugs, kisses ,etc) if they are home, then going to her room with the other for stories (a story a night from her Beginners Bible from G&G Wuerffel), prayers, etc.

Phil and I wanted to teach her to say prayers at bedtime and each have a similar (slightly different) prayer we walk through with her repeating us. Eventually the goal is for her to determine what she wants/needs to pray for but, what kid is really that in tune at 2?

Tonight I apparently really botched the prayer process that we usually do b/c I was corrected, not once but, twice by my 2 year old!  Here's how it goes:
"Dear Jesus, I love you.  Bless Daddy.  Bless Mommy.  Bless my family.  Bless my friends.  Bless my teachers.  Help me obey, grow strong and love You more.  Help me sleep good.  Amen"

Tonight Mommy must have forgotten to bless Mommy b/c I was stopped mid-sentence w/ "NO!  Bless Mommy!".  I also must have missed the opportunity to pray for Sammie to grow strong.  As I'm saying 'love you more' I was (again) stopped with "No Mommy!  I grow strong!"

Needless to say we made it through prayers and got in bed for the night.
With that I'll bid Good Night myself.

1 comment:

  1. LOVE This. You guys are doing a great job! She will always have these prayers in her heart!

    ReplyDelete