Thursday, June 23, 2011

I LOVE COFFEE MUGS!

There...I said it...I LOVE COFFEE MUGS!  I really do.  I love to give them as gifts filled with candy, coffee, hot chocolate or whatever.  Its a go-to Christmas gift every year  (we'll get to my love for Christmas later in the year) and I love to find a mug that really matches the person's personality.  for instance, a friend of mine used to always walk out the door with a regular mug of coffee that would, inevitably, spill in her car.  That year I got her a super cute travel mug (with lid).   


I rarely buy mugs for myself b/c its much more fun to get them as gifts so I can open the cabinet and see the various mugs, remembering when I received it and the gift giver themselves or, if I bought it myself (rare), where I was.  In fact, the only mugs I remember purchasing in the past 7 years are the Starbucks mugs from Cancun, Paris, and Barcelona.  Obviously bigger trips with significant meaning.


In addition to loving them I usually have a 'favorite' that I tend to drink my coffee from each morning (unless the dishes didn't get done the night before).  Currently my fav is the one I got for my birthday from my friend Michelle.  It's from Pier 1, white with multi-color polka dots on it.  Its light weight and the lip is PERFECT for sipping (not too thick, not super thin).  My previous fav is one that I received from another lady that I admire and is a "Life Is Good" mug, brown w/a  pink smiley.  Around Christmas, unless I get a new one this year, you'll usually see me sipping from a tall white mug w/ red & green polka dots from Starbucks.  If I make something in the evening I usually go for the bigger purple Minnie Mouse mug a friend got me in DisneyLand.  I hate to admit that the mugs that came with our dishes when we got married 4 years ago have been used by me maybe 5 times.


Here's my problem though...when I pick a new favorite I always feel like I'm 'cheating' on my previous favorite with the new mug.  From late November through Christmas you'll hardly catch me drinking from a non-winter/Christmas mug at home.  Again, I'm casting my fav mug aside for a month.  What to do...


Well, those are my thoughts for today.  It's been awhile since I've written and its been a tiring week.  I needed something to lighten it up a bit.  Here's to finding your favorite mug!


Happy sipping!

1 comment:

  1. Haha-I totally feel like I'm cheating on my old fav's too! Glad to know I'm not crazy-or maybe we are just the same kind of crazy!

    ReplyDelete